The following principles guide all of our on-line communications:
- Unsolicited E-mail. We will never send unsolicited e-mail to you or other visitors to our Web site. We will use e-mail to respond to e-mail messages from you, to confirm product or service orders placed online and to engage in other communication which you have expressly permitted.
- We do not sell, trade, or disclose to third parties personal information gathered online about you without your consent. We will never provide your e-mail address, or any other personal information gathered from you during visits to our Web site, to any external organization without your permission. The only exceptions to this rule are:
- a. When we use a fulfillment house to ship a product that you have purchased. In these circumstances, we require our vendors to adhere to our policies governing the use and protection of your personal information.
- b. As may be required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to you or others.
- c. When we use other agents, contractors, or companies to perform services on our behalf. Under these circumstances, we will ensure that your personal information is protected consistent with this policy.
Collection of Usage Data
Our servers automatically gather information about which sites you visit on the Internet as well as which particular pages of our Site you have visited. We use that information solely to evaluate the popularity of certain pages or sections of our Site in order to improve customer satisfaction, internal marketing analysis, and for the other purposes stated above.
We honor requests from you to correct your account information (for example, your name, address, or billing information).
What information do we gather and how is it used?
- Generic Data. When you visit our Web site, we log general data, including your domain name (e.g., aol.com,), the name of the Web page from which you entered our Site, which pages you visit on our Site, and how much time you spend on each page. We use this information to continually monitor and improve our Web site. Personal Information That You Choose to Submit. As a visitor to our Web site, you may choose to send us a question via e-mail, register for a special service, enter a contest or purchase a product or service on-line. Anytime you submit personal information for a specific purpose, your information will be used for that purpose only. Our policy is to explain to you how your personal information will be used at the time you submit that information. In many cases, you choose the amount of information you supply (e.g., when sending us e-mail, you may choose to include only an e-mail address - not a telephone number or mailing address - for replies). There may be instances where we require complete information for a particular activity, but again, it's completely your choice whether or not to complete the form.
- Transactional Data. We have the utmost confidence in our ability to safely and securely process your orders for products and services over our Web servers. All purchase information is encrypted and secured to reduce, as much as possible, instances of credit card theft. Information such as this is used only for the purchase that you have requested.
What about "cookies?"
The term "cookie" refers to files that are transferred from a Web site to your computer's hard drive. The purpose of cookies is to enable us to track your activities on our Web site. Cookies help us remember who you are. They work in the same fashion as the clerk in a store you visit on a regular basis. The store clerk may not necessarily know your name, but he or she recognizes that you have been in the store before and may remember what you usually purchase while you are in the store. Cookies permit us to gain the same kind of information about you and enable us to provide you with more efficient and personalized service. For example, for sites that require registration, a cookie file can be stored on your computer enabling you to skip the registration process on subsequent visits. Cookies are also frequently used to track the progression of a customer engaged in an on-line purchase to ensure that the transactional information remains intact. Some (usually newer) versions of Web browsers allow you to decide whether or not to accept cookie files and some programs notify you when a Web site is about to deposit a cookie file on your hard drive. If you decide not to accept cookies, you may not be able to successfully navigate some portions of a Web site.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Compliance With Laws
U.S. federal law and/or the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia govern access to this Site. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to, or use of, this Site shall be instituted only in a state or federal court located in Northern Virginia, U.S.A. You and COMTek agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding. Specifically, European Union Nationals may have rights under the European Commissions' Data Protection Directive and implementing privacy legislation in the member states. By using this Web site you may be consenting to processing of your personal data that does not conform to such privacy protection laws.
No delay or omission by COMTek to exercise any right occurring upon any noncompliance on your part with respect to any of the terms of this Agreement shall impair any such right or power or be construed to be a waiver thereof. Any waiver by COMTek of any of the covenants, conditions, or agreements to be performed by you shall not be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach thereof or of any covenant, condition, or agreement herein contained.
COMTek and the COMTek logo are trademarks of COMTek, Inc.
The COMTek trademark and other designated product and feature names are trademarks of COMTek and may be used publicly only with prior permission from COMTek. Fair use of COMTek’s trademarks in advertising and promotion of COMTek’s products and services requires proper acknowledgment.